Combify is on a journey to create the first real-time updated map of all ongoing and future construction projects in our societies. We collect data from all over the web to give our users an easily digestible platform to monitor, search and speculate in projects all around the world. No matter if you are an investor, construction company, government or private citizen, the Combify platform will give you the value of knowing what's happening in any area of interest, as soon as it happens.
What you will do
Our tech stack revolves heavily around containers running both serverless and in Kubernetes. Besides that our roadmap entails a lot around machine learning, data engineering and making information readily available to the end users. As we expand, you will likely take on a leadership role either in tech management or as an individual contributor, which means that a lot of the work we are doing now is setting the foundation for a successful rapid expansion of both the tech teams as well as the company as a whole.
But for the coming year, you should expect to be heavily involved in building a state of the art machine learning infrastructure that can be used by our expanding teams as well as delivering on real product features for our end users in form of ML models. We will be knee deep in text parsing, text classification, NLP in general as well as image classification.
Who you are
These are some of the things we think that you should have worked with (you should consider yourself senior/leader in at least three of them):
- DevOps (terraform, github actions).
- Python (main lang) and/or Scala.
- Spark, Beam, Presto, Dataflow or similar.
- TensorFlow, XGBoost, Pandas or similar.
- NLP, object detection (bounding boxes etc.), labelling strategies, transfer learning.
- Kafka, SQS, PubSub - basically be able to handle both streams and batches.
- GCP or AWS.
- Databases and data modelling in both SQL and NoSQL.
- Event driven architectures (queues, error handling, monitoring, debugging).
Besides these more formal requirements of your skillset, we also highly value if you have startup experience and understand our immense opportunity and drive - meaning the harder we work now, the higher our probability of success. In other words, we want people that is willing to put in all they've got to achieve greatness.
Why you should join
At Combify you will join a startup in the launch stage, that have just raised a fresh round of capital and are ready to expand and grow to become the next big thing. Some of the things we are offering our early employees:
- Market competitive salary.
- Employee stock options.
- Ability to work remotely as long as performance keeps up.
- Work with an experienced startup team of highly motivated engineers and founders.
- Pension, health benefits and all other usual stuff.
- Phone interview (30 min).
- Personality test and code test (30 + 90 min).
- Cultural interview with founders (60 min).
- Tech team meet and greet (60 min).
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com